Page 6 - Benchmark: HD Tach 184.108.40.206
About HD Tach 220.127.116.11
HD Tach is a low level hardware benchmark for random access read/write storage devices such as hard drives, removable drives (ZIP/JAZZ), flash devices, and RAID arrays. HD Tach uses custom device drivers and other low level Windows interfaces to bypass as many layers of software as possible and get as close to the physical performance of the device possible.
From: Developer's Page
After giving the OCZ Agility 3 240GB a clean format and ensuring alignment and everything is correct, I fired it up for some testing in HD Tach. While HD Tach is more of a 'drag race' than a clear indication of real life performance, it is an excellent storage performance reference, and has been our favorite benchmark long before drives even cracked the 50MB/s mark. With an average read speed of 377.3MB/s according to HD Tach, if you look at the graph of OCZ's Vertex 3 Max IOPS, we can see the flagship unit outperformed its lesser sibling by just over 6MB/s only. Compared to SF-1222 SSDs, again we are looking at significant increases over the 230MB/s average mark. If 230MB/s is considered insanely fast, then what the heck is this?
1. Introduction and Specifications
2. A Closer Look, Installation, Test System
3. Benchmark: ATTO Disk Benchmark
4. Benchmark: Crystal Disk Mark 3.0
5. Benchmark: AIDA64 Disk Benchmark
6. Benchmark: HD Tach 18.104.22.168
7. Benchmark: HD Tune Pro 4.60
8. Benchmark: PassMark PerformanceTest 7.0
9. Benchmark: PCMark Vantage
10. Laptop Usage and Conclusion