Page 6 - Benchmark: HD Tach 188.8.131.52
About HD Tach 184.108.40.206
HD Tach is a low level hardware benchmark for random access read/write storage devices such as hard drives, removable drives (ZIP/JAZZ), flash devices, and RAID arrays. HD Tach uses custom device drivers and other low level Windows interfaces to bypass as many layers of software as possible and get as close to the physical performance of the device possible.
From: Developer's Page
After giving the Patriot Pyro 120GB a clean format and ensuring alignment and everything is correct, I fired it up for some testing in HD Tach. While HD Tach is more of a 'drag race' than a clear indication of real life performance, it is an excellent storage performance reference, and has been our favorite benchmark long before drives even cracked the 50MB/s mark. With an average read speed of 382.5MB/s according to HD Tach, if you look at the graph of OCZ's Agility 3 240GB, we can see the Patriot Pyro is about 5MB ahead of its rival. Compared to SF-1222 SSDs, again we are looking at significant increases over the 230MB/s average mark. If 230MB/s is considered insanely fast, then what the heck is this?
1. Introduction and Specifications
2. A Closer Look, Installation, Test System
3. Benchmark: AIDA64 Disk Benchmark
4. Benchmark: ATTO Disk Benchmark
5. Benchmark: Crystal Disk Mark 3.0
6. Benchmark: HD Tach 220.127.116.11
7. Benchmark: HD Tune Pro 4.60
8. Benchmark: PassMark PerformanceTest 7.0
9. Benchmark: PCMark Vantage