Page 7 - Benchmark: HD Tune Pro 4.60
About HD Tune Pro 4.60
HD Tune is a hard disk utility with many functions. It can be used to measure the drive's performance, scan for errors, check the health status (S.M.A.R.T.), securely erase all data and much more.
From: Developer's Page
Unfortunately, HD Tune does not generate any fancy independent graph outputs in particular, so I only took a screenshot of the program to publish in this review. Somewhat unlike our HD Tach results on the previous page, the line was standard fare for a hard drive -- faster near the beginning, and slowly drops off as we move away from the center of the platter. It differed slightly in magnitude than the other program as well -- probably due to testing algorithms used -- but its performance characteristics is really identical in practice. Other than that, the results were excellent across the range for a drive of this caliber; peaking at 220.3MB/s and holding a minimum of 95.3MB/s. Do keep in mind the discussion we had on the previous page, as it still applies here.
1. Introduction, Features, Specifications
2. A Closer Look, Test System
3. Benchmark: AIDA64 Disk Benchmark
4. Benchmark: ATTO Disk Benchmark
5. Benchmark: Crystal Disk Mark 3.0
6. Benchmark: HD Tach 184.108.40.206
7. Benchmark: HD Tune Pro 4.60
8. Benchmark: PassMark PerformanceTest 8.0
9. Benchmark: PCMark 7
10. NAS Performance, Power Consumption