Page 9 - Benchmark: PassMark PerformanceTest 8.0
About PassMark PerformanceTest 8.0
Fast, easy to use, PC speed testing and benchmarking. PassMark PerformanceTest allows you to objectively benchmark a PC using a variety of different speed tests and compare the results to other computers.
Thirty-two standard benchmark tests are available in five test suites plus there are seven advanced testing windows for custom benchmarking.
- CPU tests Mathematical operations, compression, encryption, SSE, 3DNow! instructions and more
- 2D graphics tests Drawing lines, bitmaps, fonts, text, and GUI elements
- 3D graphics tests Simple to complex DirectX 3D graphics and animations
- Disk tests Reading, writing and seeking within disk files
- Memory tests Allocating and accessing memory speed and efficiency
- CD / DVD test Test the speed of your CD or DVD drive
From: Developer's Page
We run PassMark PerformanceTest 8.0 to evaluate four different areas of our system; coming down to the CPU, RAM, 2D Graphics, and 3D Graphics. It takes a somewhat different approach in obtaining results compared to other programs, which is why we like to use it, haha. From what we see above, there is little difference in the 3D Graphics and RAM results between the Gigabyte GA-Z97X-UD3H-BK running an overclocked Intel Core i7-4790K at 4.7GHz and a stock Core i7-4790K with Turbo Boost enabled. This is an expected result. On the other hand, there is some noticeable performance gains with that 300MHz increase in the CPU and 2D Graphics tests. Again, this is an expected result. Based on the figures we have obtained, this made a 5.7% and 5.8% difference, respectively, in both tests.
1. Introduction, Packaging, Specifications
2. Bundle, Chipset, BIOS
3. A Closer Look, Board Layout, Test System
4. Benchmark: AIDA64 CPU
5. Benchmark: AIDA64 FPU
6. Benchmark: AIDA64 Memory
7. Benchmark: PCMark 8
8. Benchmark: 3DMark
9. Benchmark: PassMark PerformanceTest 8.0
10. Benchmark: SuperPI 1M, Cinebench R15
11. Onboard Sound Frequency Analysis
12. Overclocking and Conclusion