Page 6 - Benchmark: HDTach 126.96.36.199
About HDTach 188.8.131.52
HD Tach is a low level hardware benchmark for random access read/write storage devices such as hard drives, removable drives (ZIP/JAZZ), flash devices, and RAID arrays. HD Tach uses custom device drivers and other low level Windows interfaces to bypass as many layers of software as possible and get as close to the physical performance of the device possible.
From: Developer's Page
HDTach has been around for a very long time, and it has been forever since the last version came out (Seriously, we have been using 184.108.40.206 since my first storage review of the Seagate 5GB Pocket USB hard drive... and that's back in 2005. Wow, that thing was sure slow, haha) -- but still a worthy disk benchmarking program. I don't know what is the deal with the two dips in the middle, but we will see them again in our HDTune Pro 4.6 results on the next page.
UPDATE: I have rerun the tests, and came out with significantly different (But much more reasonable) results. Here it is.
1. Introduction and Specifications
2. A Closer Look, Installation, Test System
3. Benchmark: ATTO Disk Benchmark
4. Benchmark: Crystal Disk Mark 3.0
5. Benchmark: EVEREST Disk Benchmark
6. Benchmark: HDTach 220.127.116.11
7. Benchmark: HDTune Pro 4.60
8. Benchmark: PassMark PerformanceTest 7.0
9. Benchmark: PCMark Vantage, Conclusion