Page 6 - Benchmark: HD Tach 126.96.36.199
About HD Tach 188.8.131.52
HD Tach is a low level hardware benchmark for random access read/write storage devices such as hard drives, removable drives (ZIP/JAZZ), flash devices, and RAID arrays. HD Tach uses custom device drivers and other low level Windows interfaces to bypass as many layers of software as possible and get as close to the physical performance of the device possible.
From: Developer's Page
After giving the SanDisk Extreme II 240GB a clean format and ensuring alignment and everything is correct, I fired it up for some testing in HD Tach. While HD Tach is more of a 'drag race' than a clear indication of real life performance, it is an excellent storage performance reference among SSDs with the same controller, and has been our favorite benchmark long before hard drives even cracked the 50MB/s mark. With an average read speed of 442.8MB/s according to HD Tach in single disk configuration, it absolutely destroyed anything we have tested in the past. Just for reference, the highest scoring SandForce drive we have ever tested in HD Tach is the Kingston SSDNow V300 120GB at 400.9MB/s. The only SSD that even comes close to this figure is SanDisk's own Ultra Plus 256GB at 436.9MB/s.
1. Introduction and Specifications
2. A Closer Look, Installation, Test System
3. Benchmark: AIDA64 Disk Benchmark
4. Benchmark: ATTO Disk Benchmark
5. Benchmark: Crystal Disk Mark 3.0
6. Benchmark: HD Tach 184.108.40.206
7. Benchmark: HD Tune Pro 4.60
8. Benchmark: PassMark PerformanceTest 7.0
9. Benchmark: PCMark Vantage