Page 8 - Benchmark: 3DMark 11
About 3DMark 11
3DMark 11 is the latest version of the world’s most popular benchmark. Designed to measure your PC’s gaming performance 3DMark 11 makes extensive use of all the new features in DirectX 11 including tessellation, compute shaders and multi-threading. Trusted by gamers worldwide to give accurate and unbiased results, 3DMark 11 is the best way to consistently and reliably test DirectX 11 under game-like loads.
From: Developer's Page
Okay, I lied. Maybe not EVERYWHERE, but 3DMark 11 is the only benchmark where our system based off the Intel Core i5-2500K did not completely annihilate its predecessor. This is because 3DMark 11 is much more GPU dependent than CPU dependent; and neither processor was bottlenecking the Radeon 6850 in our benchmarking platform. As the resolution increases, the difference closes in more and more, which is expected from these type of tests.
1. Introduction and Specifications
2. Intel Core i5-2500K Architecture; Test System
3. Benchmark: AIDA64 CPU
4. Benchmark: AIDA64 FPU
5. Benchmark: AIDA64 Memory
6. Benchmark: BAPCo SYSmark 2007
7. Benchmark: PCMark Vantage
8. Benchmark: 3DMark 11
9. Benchmark: PassMark PerformanceTest 7.0
10. Benchmark: SuperPI 1M, Cinebench R11.5
11. Overclocking, Power Consumption, and Conclusion